Preamble (mission statement, scope, changes)
Alpine Finanz Immobilien AG (“We”) (‘we’) takes your privacy seriously. We are committed to process any personal information that we collect (hereafter generally referred to as information) in full transparency, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and to ensure the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your information.
This privacy notice is dated May 2018. It may be updated from time to time, in which case you shall be notified here of any such modification.
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can enable the identification of an individual or a legal entity or that relates to an identified or identifiable individual or legal entity. Information may enable your identification (like your first and last names, email address or social security number) or may enable such an identification and provide information when combined with one another (such as medical records, salary grade, role and function). Whenever any such information enables you to be identified as a person or can be related to you, whether taken separately or combined with one another, it shall be considered as personal information.
2. What information do We collect from you?
Information that we may collect through your browsing on our Website typically consists of the following:
Information that you actively provide to us. Browsing our website enables you to:
- Register for our newsletter, which will require you providing us, at your own will and thus with your consent,
- your email address
to enable us to send you the newsletter to which you have subscribed.
- Order products, which will require you providing us, as part of performance of the contract, the following mandatory information to enable us to process your order:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Credit card information
Information that we collect automatically from you browsing our Website. This information, which does not contain personal information other than your internet protocol address (IP), includes:
- Device information: for instance, your hardware model, operating system version or unique device identifier.
- Log information: information automatically collected in server logs when you browse our Website includes your internet protocol address and device and event information (such as crashes, system activity, browser type, browser language as well as date and time of your browsing activities).
- Cookies and similar technologies: cookies and similar technologies are used to collect and store information when you visit our Website, for instance to identify your browser or device.
In order to obtain more information and learn how and to what extent you can avoid such automatic collection of information, please refer to our Cookie Notice in the footer.
3. Why do we collect such information
Information that you actively provide:
Such information is collected to achieve the following purposes:
- To enable us to send you the newsletter to which you have subscribed;
- To enable us to process your order (payment and delivery);
- To answer to your queries when you contact us directly;
- To provide you with information about our products and services.
Your consent for the processing of your information for these purposes can be withdrawn at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com
Information that we receive automatically from you browsing our Website:
Such information may be processed for the following purposes:
- To improve the use and features of the Website;
- To understand what services and products you are interested in;
- To adjust and develop products and services;
- To correct errors;
- To provide you with advertising and other information that better reflects your actual interests;
- To identify users who commit unlawful acts or infringe our rights;
In order to obtain more information and learn how and to what extent you can avoid such automatic collection of information, please refer to our Cookie Notice in the footer of this Website.
4. Who might we share your information with?
We may disclose and share some of your information with:
- Service providers and processors that we may engage to provide services to us on our behalf, such as hosting or support of our Website or for payment processing. In providing their services, these providers may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process your information on our behalf. Our contracts with these providers do not permit use of your information for their own purposes, including their marketing purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Any third party to which we are ordered or obliged to disclose such information as a result of a Court order, governmental authority and/or by law.
- Any relevant entity for emergency purposes that compel such disclosure.
- In addition, we may always share information with third parties to pursue overriding legitimate interests (to the extent permitted by applicable laws). We may, by way of example, forward information to criminal prosecution authorities if needed to investigate illegal behaviour, or we may use information in court or debt collection proceedings if necessary to enforce our rights.
5. Where will your information be stored?
We take steps to ensure that the information collected under this privacy notice is processed according to the provisions of this notice and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Your information will be stored and [normally] processed in Switzerland. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your information may occasionally be processed outside of Switzerland depending upon the location of our service providers.
When we transfer information from Switzerland to other countries outside the European Economic Area, we shall only do so in accordance with the law, notably by entering into data transfer agreements and standard contractual clauses with the relevant entities.
6. How do we protect your information?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure to an appropriate level depending upon the sensitivity of the information.
We further contractually ensure that any third party (as described above) equally processes your information in a secure manner to ensure its confidentiality and integrity.
7. How long do we retain your information?
The information that you actively provide will be stored for as long as required for the purpose (your email address will, by way of example, be stored for as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter). Thereafter, we may retain your information if required by law or if we keep information until related claims have become subject to statute of limitations (e.g. data relating to products ordered and delivered).
8. Social media and other websites
Wherever we are present in any of the various social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc., and you visit our site, you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share your information in your social media profile(s).
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites, notably through social media feeds; if you follow these links, you will exit our Website. We accept no liability for the use of your information by these organisations. For more information and details, please consult the privacy terms of the websites you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
9. What rights do you have in respect of your information?
You have the right to (i) submit an information request in order to learn what categories of information we are processing about you, for what purposes, how we share your information with others and how long we store your information, (ii) request that we rectify incorrect information about you, (iii) request that we stop or limit processing your data, and (iv) request that we provide you with your information in a format suitable for migration.
If you would like to submit such a request or should you have any questions related to such processing or to this privacy notice, you may contact us by sending an email to: [E-Mail].
In rare cases, we may – to the extent permitted by applicable law – have to partially or entirely refuse to comply with such requests. We shall inform you about the reasons of such refusal in these cases.
You are entitled to lodge a complaint in respect of our processing of your information with the supervisory authority. If you are a resident of Switzerland, the complaint can be lodged at the following address:
Swiss Federal Data Protection
and Information Commissioner
For more information, please see www.edoeb.admin.ch. If you are a resident of a country of the European Economic Area, the complaint can be lodged with the data protection authority of your country.
The controller of information collected through the Website is
Alpine Finanz Immobilien AG
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy is subject to Swiss law, at the exclusion of its Private International Law Statute. Any dispute arising from or related to this Policy shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Glattbrugg (Schweiz).